My friends know (and my readers will soon find out), I love my pets! Nothing is too good for them, so when I found out that the food I was giving them and that the vet was telling me to buy was more than likely making them ill, I started thinking differently about how I feed them.
There are more and more holistic foods for pets now and I decided that if I was gonna go green and natural, then my cats would too. After a lot of searching, I found a food that is worth talking about :
Oven Baked Tradition is a Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec based company that have included the ancient principal of holistic well-being to their dog and cat food formulas. Their approach includes disease prevention and general health through fresh meats and fish, whole grains, fruits and vegetable that have essential vitamins and minerals and naturally occurring probiotic fibers.
My cats, identical twins down to their skin problems and sensitive stomachs, struggled all their lives while I transitioned from food to food, trying to find one that would fit just right. I later found out that all the “specialty foods” that the vets were making me buy were filled with ingredients that were known allergens and that work against our pets digestive systems.
Oven Baked Tradition is :
- FREE OF WHEAT AND CORN GLUTEN No risk of contamination (melamine).
- WHEAT FREE Less risks for allergies or intolerances.
- CORN FREE Less risks for allergies or intolerances.
- SOY FREE Less risks for allergies or intolerances.
- BEEF FREE Your dog is not exposed to ESB (mad cow disease).
- FREE OF ARTIFICIAL COLORS OR FLAVORS Natural flavor only.
- FREE OF PRESERVATIVES No BHA/BHT. No ethoxyquin (EQ or ℮). A lot of cats have severe reactions to these chemicals.
In my book, this is a wonderful product!
Hope this was helpful!
What steps do all of you take to give your pets a greener life?